Thursday, November 1, 2007

Food Facts: Did You Know?

* Eggplant Caviar is made of baked eggplant, garlic, onions, tomatoes and olive oil.

* It takes 12 minutes to hard boil a large egg

* Vinegar helps the egg white from spreading, when preparing poached eggs

* Margarine was first produced in France in the late 19th century

* You can quickly peel off the skin of beets, when they are cooked. You can do this by rubbing the beet skins under cold running water.

* Plastic food packaging is a potent health hazard

* Onion is named after a Latin word meaning large pearl!

* Rice is the staple diet of half of the world's population

* Ice cream is actually a Chinese food and has its origin in ancient China

* In France, people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails per year!

* Carrots can actually help you see in the dark!

* There are about 100,000 bacteria in one litre of drinking water!

* Cream is lighter than milk

* Temperature can affect your appetite

* Chopsuey was created by Chinese immigrants in California

9 comments:

SUGARCRAFT INDIA said...

Very nice n interesting facts you brought before us..

Swati

SUGARCRAFT INDIA said...

BTW where in Cal are u...got a long association with Cal...

Swati

Sindhu said...

Hi spicegirl, Thank you for stopping by my blog. You have really a nice blog. I have put up a link for your blog in my blog ..

Cheers!

Happy Diwali

Srivalli said...

Hi...was searching for your email id...can't find one!..

SUGARCRAFT INDIA said...

Hi Spice girl...
I was in South cal...did my BCom from south city there...lived in WB years together!!
Will sure do the exchange of links!!
Need ur email-id.

Manali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hem Rai said...

Very well....I read the interesting fact.

alpa said...

Hello my name is Alpa Mulgund. I am seeking out possible link partners that
our visitors would be interesting in visiting. I've found your blog to be a very good fit for our visitors. I would be more than happy to add your link in my blog http://indianrelish.blogspot.com.I am contacting you to see if it is ok ?If yes,please send in your linking details. Also, I would like to ask if you mind linking back to my newly created blog? If so, please use the linking details below and send me the location of our link on your blog.
Here is my linking details:
Anchor Text: Indian Recipes Corner
Url : http://indianrelish.blogspot.com
Description(Not necessary): Visit here for a wide range of delicacies in vegeterian and non vegeterian from india.

Hope to hear from you soon.Pls contact me on: indianrelish@gmail.com

Anamika said...

Hi
Quite informative and good to know..
Cheers from Botswana