* It takes 12 minutes to hard boil a large egg
* Vinegar helps the egg white from spreading, when preparing poached eggs
* Margarine was first produced in France in the late 19th century
* You can quickly peel off the skin of beets, when they are cooked. You can do this by rubbing the beet skins under cold running water.
* Plastic food packaging is a potent health hazard
* Onion is named after a Latin word meaning large pearl!
* Rice is the staple diet of half of the world's population
* Ice cream is actually a Chinese food and has its origin in ancient China
* In France, people eat approximately 500,000,000 snails per year!
* Carrots can actually help you see in the dark!
* There are about 100,000 bacteria in one litre of drinking water!
* Cream is lighter than milk
* Temperature can affect your appetite
* Chopsuey was created by Chinese immigrants in California