While there are thousands of ways to beat the heat, here are a few quick suggestions to keep summer heat at bay:
- Stay indoors as much as you can. If you must go out, use an umbrella and shades to keep your eyes and skin safe from the scorching sun!
- Have food that is easy on your stomach and avoid oily stuff as much as you can. Don't forget to drink lots of water and other fluids to keep yourself hydrated.
- Wear comfortable cotton loose fitting clothes. Stick to natural fabrics and avoid synthetics.
- Have fruits and plenty of fresh fruit juices.
- Have plenty of herbal tea with a dash of lemon
- Consume food and vegetable with high water content like melons, pears and grapes and vegetables like broccoli, cucumber, bitter gourd, and zucchini. Avoid spicy dishes.
- Take lots of curd daily. Alternatively, you can have flavoured yogurts.
- Yoga, brisk walking and freehand exercises are great to refresh your mind and body. Daily exercise would cool you from inside and take away your tensions.